About Me

My photo
St. Anthony, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Waiting


[This was penned after hearing this Lectio reading at Centering Prayer on December 18, 2013]

"In Advent, we affirm that God comes:  faithfully, surprisingly, assuredly.  God enters as we wait and hope, prepare and anticipate.  God breaks through our silence and enters our darkness, penetrates our hardness --in a Child, through a word with Good News.  Advent calls us to transformed lives, renewed hope, and visions of a future to be restored."  J. Howard Rhy


What an Advent of WAITING this has been for Jim and me. Waiting but still packing in anticipation of a move, to who knows where?
Yesterday we heard that the Elftmann closing had been approved and our file had been transferred to the closer. I’m trying to be excited but with much caution. After this roller-coaster of bumps and wild curves and stalls; it is a little hard to move into full-fledged joyfulness. My prayer of relinquishment is keeping me a little more cautious even as I awoke at three this morning thinking about the new house and how to arrange the remainder of our belongings.

This morning I roamed around the house feeling “lost” amidst the boxes, boxes, boxes everywhere. I had no desk available to set my Bible for some quiet with my God. Do I bother to set up a card table with 8 days remaining? With our Christmas entertaining finished, it feels like nothing. We need to get packing even more earnestly. What little decorations we have up need to come down so they can be packed.
 
Our Advent anticipation is looking for God to show up in our move with a mortgage approval in the face of huge odds. I believe God is FOR US and He will be faithful to full redemption of our story. I anticipate and envision a restored future with many more years to glorify God beginning in a new place.

-          God has indeed been in the darkness of waiting and wandering through listing prep, negotiations and the huge paper shuffle.

-          God has been with us in moments of excitement over finally listing and then over getting rid of more and more stuff.

-          God has prayed for us with groans beyond words when personal prayer became illusive.

-          God has grieved with us for this year of painful turmoil that remains to be healed.

-          God will lead us through healing in His grace and love.

 
 
How have you seen God in your times of waiting?
Was the waiting worth it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment