About Me

My photo
St. Anthony, Minnesota, United States

Friday, March 30, 2012

EXTRAVAGANT


Have you ever been surprised and delighted by God? I recently experienced such a delight that my friend exclaimed, "Extravagant!" I reveled in the beauty and the fragrance that day. Since then, I have continued to be delighted by God through the various photos I took that day at Como Conservatory.

Extravagant! My friend's exclamation captured the experience for me. I did not want to leave; I took the time to linger in the delights before me.
Think about this for a moment. This picture captures so few flowers compared to the vast extravagance of God's intricate creation of love. He designed each one of these flowers and gave them the DNA to reproduce and to burst forth with such delightful blooms and vivid colors. Can't you smell the delightful fragrance tickling your nose. That's the extravagant delight of God's love.

God created this for my delight. He is very extravagant and He delights to see me pause with wonder and delight at His creation. Who but God could design a flower as lovely as this Amaryllis?

----------------
Plan a visit to a local garden or conservatory. Take your camera to capture the sights of your day, and invite a friend to share the beauty together. Journal about your experience.

1 comment: