About Me

My photo
St. Anthony, Minnesota, United States

Monday, July 29, 2013

The Last Time

No more scrubbing tiny carrots
No more planting a big garden
No more back-breaking weeding
No more constant watering.

No more digging
No more fencing
No more raking
No more shoveling.
No more pruning
No more picking
No more disappointment
No more abundance.

Freedom in releasing
Freedom to embrace the new
Freedom to share God's grace anew
Free at last!
_______________

Less time spent gardening
More time enjoying God's garden
Less time maintaining
More time sustaining grace.

Israel experienced the first Passover
The last night of slavery in Eqypt
The first Red Sea miracle
The last of Egyptian army.

The last time brings renewal
Anticipation
Excitement
Sweet release to first times.

Psalm 40:3
"He has given me a new song to sing,
   a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be astounded.
   They will put their trust in the Lord.

This was penned in the fall of 2011. That summer I had come in from spending a long day of gardening on the steep back hill on the lake side. My body was screaming and I cried out to God, "I can't do this any more." Almost immediately my soul sensed a response from the Holy Spirit: "Move to a smaller place." I responded, "All right! That sounds wonderful, but how can we make that happen what with bankruptcy in Jim's recent past." I sensed God asking me to move forward trusting His leadership and Sovereignty in our lives. God's assurance of this new pathway never left me during the many decisions and issues that confronted us at various points. Follow our journey and see what God has done.

Consider for yourself the spiritual significance about "last times". Do you see any connection between last times and first times?

No comments:

Post a Comment